Blog about my Ballparking Trips and reviews.

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

First Tennessee Park

Nashville Sounds, Pacific Coast League

9/10

The facade is NOT redbrick, but instead, glass and polished metal.
The park has a great view of the Nashville skyline, plus an LED board in the shape of the old guitar scoreboard.
The park is slowly over capacity on a good night.

I made a long drive from just outside Beloit, to head down to Nashville, for this game against Omaha. Nashville is an old American Association city that moved to the Pacific Coast League. This is a new park as of 2015, built on the site of the old Nashville ballpark, Sulphur Dell. It has two tiers and a wide, wrap around concourse. The atmosphere is a little more consistent with a lower level of baseball, while the park itself presents something a little more "big league".

The concessions are major league calibre in my opinion. I had the Nashville Hot Chicken sandwich, which I liked quite a bit. Overall, I'd give this place a point for food and facility and a half point for the atmosphere. The other noteworthy detail was the city of Nashville, I ended up seeing the area around the ballpark, part of downtown and ended up staying out by the Vanderbilt University campus and was pretty impressed. I ended up back there the following March for a Predators game and have it on the list to visit with the wife soon enough. 

Update 2019: I've finally gotten a review for this one up. This year, the Sounds will be affiliated with the Texas Rangers. 

Linescore
2017-05-25
                                                123    456   789   RHE
Omaha Storm Chasers(KC)         010    230  002   890
Nashville Sounds(OAK)               010    001  200   482
Temp: 74F  Time: 2:52 Att: 10,442

No comments:

Post a Comment