Blog about my Ballparking Trips and reviews.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

First Data Field

New York Mets (Spring Training)
St. Lucie Mets, Florida State League

7/10


The crowd files in for Red Sox/Mets.
Allen Craig ended up capping this at bat with a home run.

Most of the crowd was still here nearing the 7th inning stretch.

I took in a Grapefruit League game in Port St. Lucie as part of my FL trip in 2017, after having done Dunedin the day before. I arrived relatively early, after having stayed a few hours away from the ballpark. I got to the right exit on I-95 at around 1215 and then hit a wall of traffic, around a mile and change from where I actually parked. Ingress was slow, but nothing compared to what came later.

This park is also a little older, opening in 1988, but it doesn't show it's age as much as Dunedin. Seating is a little cramped. With the opponent being Boston and the pitching match up featuring Porcello v. Syndergaard, it was always going to be a game where good seats were above market value. I was lucky to get a seat in the upper corner of the grandstand on the third base side. For lunch, I grabbed an order of pulled pork nachos, where I was surprised with the amount of food I ended up with, similar to San Bernardino. I enjoyed it quite a bit. The ballpark has the usual features, a party/BBQ deck down the left field line and a separate concession for the berm. I ended up having to leave early for Port Charlotte, but it was no use, I spent nearly an hour trying to get out of the parking lot and the game wasn't even over. The team has got to figure out something regarding ingress and egress being so bad.

Overall, this is a pretty serviceable park, which is nice to see, given it's age and it's location on the Atlantic coast of Florida, which seems to be less and less popular. I'd say the park is a half point off because of its poor parking situation, good, but still average atmosphere and a half point for food, which totals up to a 7. I'd come back here before some of the others for certain.

Linescore

2017-03-08
                           123   456  789  R H E
Boston                 000   400   201  7  11 1
New York(NL)        100   313  00x  8  13 1
Temp: 78F  Time: 3:09 Att: 6,538

No comments:

Post a Comment