Blog about my Ballparking Trips and reviews.

Monday, December 26, 2016

Target Field

Minnesota Twins, American League

8/10

This is another one of the parks where my photos were lost to the great camera caper of 2012.

*Sigh*

Anyhow, I did manage to get here after a night game the night before in Milwaukee. I drove to Eau Claire, getting in around 2 AM, grabbed a quick 6 hours, then hit the road for Minneapolis.

I arrived in plenty of time and found parking around 5 blocks away for a reasonable price. The park is built in an arena district, with the Minnesota Timberwolves playing at Target Arena, nearby. It's in a pretty decent neighbourhood.

The exterior is mostly made of yellowish tiles made from local rocks. The park is "sunken" slightly, with the field below street level. The concourse is wide open and has a clean, uncluttered look to it. Crowds of people are able to easily move around the ballpark. I found the staff to be extra friendly, as per Milwaukee the night before. Food was passable.

The game saw the Twins play division rival Cleveland on a nice afternoon in front of 25-30 thousand. People enjoyed the game from what I remember. I sat under an overhang, which meant shade, but I was far forward enough to see the same clearly.

This was a decent park overall, I just wish I could remember a bit more and that my photos survived. It's undoubtedly a massive upgrade from playing at the Metrodome. I will absolutely have to go back soon.

Update 2016: I have not been back to this point. I had the option on a weekend trip of going to watch the last place Twins play the White Sox, but I opted for a game in St. Paul instead. I upped the rating here to an 8, as the park itself is deserving of the extra point.

Linescore
2012-07-29
                      123   456   789   RHE
Cleveland        000  100  000   160
Minnesota       000   210  20x  580
Temp: 72F  Time: 2:28 Att: 34,720

No comments:

Post a Comment