Blog about my Ballparking Trips and reviews.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Stephen Schott Stadium

Santa Clara Broncos, 

(No Rating)

 


 
A relatively pleasant brick exterior welcomes you on the walk up.


What I think are student dorms overlook the ballpark on the right field side.

A compact ballpark that seats 1,500 comfortably.


We swung through here in 2016, after my efforts to get tickets to a Giants/Rivercats exhibition in Sacramento proved beyond futile. I had only ever been to one other college ballpark, so I wasn't sure what to expect. This was the Broncos home opener versus crosstown rival San Jose State. 

In brief, concessions here were not bad, prices were very low, which is the norm at the college level. The product on the field is similar to Low A at best and Rookie at worst. Crowds are small and family or boosters almost exclusively, although some students did show up in middle of the game and proceed to act out as much as possible. We ended up leaving in the 7th to make our way to San Francisco. Overall, a decent night out, given our lack of choices, but I won't be headed out of my way to go back.

If I had to rate this park, it'd probably end up with a 7, with a plus of concessions, but the atmosphere taking that point back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment