Blog about my Ballparking Trips and reviews.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Ogren Park at Allegiance Field

Missoula Osprey, Pioneer League

7/10

The entrance to the park is rather bland.
A decent crowd takes in a Sunday evening game vs. the Ogden Raptors
I apparently hadn't mastered my park photos by this point, but did manage to capture
the nice view of the rolling hills near Missoula,
We rolled into Missoula on the 1st stop of a 3 game Pioneer League loop that served as a send-off road trip prior to me moving away for work. This marked myself and my stepbrother's first Pioneer League game ever. In short, they are great and I highly recommend them.

At any rate, Missoula is home to the Arizona entry in the circuit, the Osprey, who in 2014, will play their 15th season in the area. We arrived not long before our 5:05 start time, I can only assume because the team wanted the family crowd, while at the same time, wanted not to play in the midday heat of the grasslands in late July. The facility is located in the midst of a cluster of softball fields, with lots of on street parking.

It's a relatively straightforward 3,500 seat park with home plate entry onto a concourse, which then goes down into the seats, not unlike Billings. Unlike Billings, it just doesn't look as impressive. However, the backdrop of the rolling hills is a definite plus. There is berm seating down the 3rd base line and down the first base line, there is a "party deck", which is elevated above a gravel underlay, which has the added bonus of keeping fans well away from the opposing bullpen.

Concessions are not too bad, my stepbrother reported the hot dogs were at grade and I had a not too bad pulled pork sandwich. The most unique quirk was the 7th inning was officially the "Peanut Inning" with free peanuts if the Osprey scored, leading to several peanut related chants.

Overall, Missoula was an entirely adequate park for the PL, but not a whole lot more. Still, I think it deserves another visit, and with it being located right on I-90, it may end up getting one in the next few years.

Update 2016: I have not been back since, meaning this one is well and truly overdue for a follow up visit? This summer maybe? I'd like that. For now, average everything leaves this at a 7.

Linescore 
2010-07-18
                                      123  456   789   RHE
Ogden Raptors(LAD)        110  000   000   264
Missoula Osprey(ARI)       200  200  000   460
Temp: 83F  Time: 2:01  Att: 2,178

No comments:

Post a Comment